Thursday, June 18, 2009

Quiet Please!

I guess if I were younger and I didn't build extremely loud guitar amplifiers, I would love the sound of the D&D pipes I got with the bike. They are VERY loud. They are carbon fiber and look cool, but beyond saving what's left of my own hearing, I also want to be considerate of the neighbors in the quaint neighborhood where I will be living for the next year. I was eyeing a set of stock mufflers on eBay but I didn't jump at the buy it now price and got sniped by somebody as I was trying to snipe myself! Once again the Ducati.ms forum to the rescue. Within a few hours of posting a "wanted to buy" for stock mufflers in the classified section, a very nice guy emailed a price for $140 shipped for a pair in great shape. I jumped on the offer. I realize I have been spending a lot of money on the bike but I am getting some nice deals from great people. By purchasing these pipes, my relationship with my girlfriend just got a few decibels better as she often starts the bike up for me when I am away!





I got a good deal on these stock pipes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home