Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Side Stand and Used Leather

The side stand on my 900 is not original, probably from a left side drop. So I posted a thread on Ducati.ms forums to see if anybody had one. Sure enough a couple of guys contacted me and I scored one for only $40. Actually it's the parts for two which I will combine to make one nice one. I want to sandblast it and maybe get it chromed or powder coated.





I am not really Mr. Safety but I want to be protected on long trips. Nothing protects like a nice layer of leather. I found a really nice guy, again on the Ducati.ms forum, who had these Dainese Firefly Pelle leather pants he was selling. I shot him an offer and he accepted. He was very helpful and worked with me as I couldn't decide if I wanted the pants. They looked a little too Mad Max for me but at least they don't have knee sliders. I would feel pretty silly wearing knee sliders for the sedate way I am going to be riding. Dainese makes great products, I have their Ducati 80's Jacket and it is very well made.





1 Comments:

Blogger RPW USA said...

Really appreciate this wonderful as we have seen here. This is a great source to enhance knowledge for us. Thankful to you for sharing an article like this.Full Straight Pipe

June 13, 2022 at 3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home