Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chain and sprockets, and brake pads

I am really going to get the 900ss road ready. I figured I need to go so I ordered a new set of chain and sprockets from CA Cycleworks. They had a great deal on a DID chain VM520 98 link x-ring chain. They ship fast and have great customer service. I emailed them twice today and they responded quickly both times. I also got a JT 15 tooth front sprocket and a JT 39 tooth rear sprocket. This is two more teeth on the rear than stock at the advice of many SS riders on the the Ducati.ms board. This will help with smoother take offs and using all of the gears. I may also go down to a 14 tooth on the front just to try it around the city. I will be doing some short tours so I will keep both on hand and switch as needed. Now that I know my bike will go, I need it to stop. I decided to get new brake pads all around. I have not even checked the ones on the bike but I will will feel better knowing I have new anchors on the old boat. I got Ferodo Platinum Brake pads for all calipers in the same order as the chain from CA Cycleworks. I need to get the rotors in shape with a 3M Scotch-Brite pad. They have rust in spots and I want to get them shiny. I am shipping all of this stuff to my parents house in Florida. They are probably getting crazy seeing this huge pile of stuff building up in their garage. I love you mom and dad...





A new chain and sprockets is always a good thing.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Perfect! this is what I needed to know. Just found my 94 900 ss/sp (#101) sitting outside for 8 months!!! Bought it for $300!!! Got a new battery, starter relay, new fuel... it started right up! needs new chain, sprockets, and fork seals

April 9, 2016 at 3:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

May 5, 2017 at 12:26 AM  
Blogger Ash Green said...

Thank you so much for such an informative piece of information :)
If anyone interested similar one's have a look here
themotorbiker

Thanks

March 12, 2020 at 4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home