Sunday, May 17, 2009

A bit longer ride.

I got up early and immediately went to look at the 900ss. She's a diamond in the rough but I see the potential. I have the parts list in my head of all of the cool upgrades I am going to do in the next few months. Unfortunately, the bike is staying in Jacksonville while I go back to New York where I currently live and work. I bought the bike because I am taking a one year sabbatical from the college where I work. I will have an entire year off with 80% pay which is unreal! For this year I am moving back to Jacksonville for cheaper living expenses and some other reasons I can't discuss right now (Hmmm...) but will be able to shortly. I fired up the Ducati again and this time let it warm up a little longer. It still coughed and burped here and there but I decided to take it out for a longer ride. I carefully exited the driveway and found a long side street. I carefully pulled the bike through it's gears and it was a wonderful feeling. I have not owned a motorcycle since 92 when I owned a 1985 RZ350 whcih I loved but unfortunately wrecked. The 900'sperformance is much more than any other bike I have ever owned. I continued down the road in bliss, the wind washing over me and I had a great sense of freedom. The harsh few months on a messing painful divorce seemed to be blown off by the wind as I envisioned my future ride. I had to turn around as the road dead ended and went under the canopy of a church that was in session. I twisted the throttle under the cover area and the bike bellowed like a wolf. I didn't purposely try to upset the people of the church as the motor thundered but maybe subliminally I did...rebellion lives...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home