Saturday, May 16, 2009

The eagle has landed.

I got into to Jacksonville at about 12:15AM. I had trouble sleeping thinking about the bike and got up very early and just drank coffee and waited with the garage open. Then I saw it. A pickup truck with a trailer and the Ducati strapped down on the back. The previous owner, Matt rolled, it off he trailer, I gave him the cashier's check for 3K and he handed me the title. It is the first vehicle I have owned in over 9 years and it felt great.

Matt cranked it up and it sounded heavenly. He pulled it up into the driveway, shook my hand and wished me well. It was nice of him to deliver it and put up with all of my long distance craziness. Trying to buy the bike from NYC was no easy task but now it's sitting here and it's mine.

I sat on the bike for a while and thought about how much my life had changed in such a short time. 2 months ago I was married in New York and bike-less, and now starting in September, I will be in Jacksonville for a year with a Ducati 900SS SP! I have always been one to go after what I want. Rarely are my hopes fully realized but this dream was so simple. It consisted of only 2 parts: Buy bike - Ride bike.

I tried to crank it up after Matt left, but the battery had just been sitting too long. I went to a Jacksonville chopper shop called Big Bike Motorcycles and bought a battery tender. The shop was insane! They have all of these huge rear tire choppers and nary a sport bike to be seen. I got a good price on a Battery Tender Jr. I got home and lifted up the tank of the bike. It was so cool to actually be working on a motorcycle after not having turned a wrench in a very very long time. I mounted the quick disconnect on the battery and ran the terminals through the terminal boots so it looked pro. I plugged the tender in and let it sit. I had to wait! Agggh! I felt like that kid in the movie A Christmas Story, who as soon as he got his Red Ryder BB gun, shot himself in the eye. At least I had the joy of sitting on the bike and basking in it's ownership.




This is the bike as I got it...




...and this is her shined up a little. Just a quicky wash.




Sitting on a dream.




Me, the Duc, and the Agostini helmet. What a family!

1 Comments:

Blogger hamdam said...


I can easily understand your feelings
It was a good text. Keep writing, dear friend

بلیط هواپیما قشم تهران

September 4, 2020 at 7:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home