Saturday, July 4, 2009

Exhausting exhaust

Jeesh. It seems I suffer from the male disease of notreadingthedirectionsitis. The stock mufflers were too close because I had the spacer on the wrong side of the muffler bracket. I will try to refit the stock pipes when I return to Florida. I now have a factory service manual and a parts manual in PDF format so I can dig in and see how things are supposed to be. The manuals have very clear breakouts of where parts go and in what order.

I think refitting the stock exhaust will solve some of my problems. It seems that after the D&D cans were installed the carbs were never rejetted or adjusted properly resulting in poor idle and backfiring. I am going to start by getting the stock mufflers mounted and the returning the carbs to their stock settings.

Happy 4th everybody!




This is how the parts are ordered on the bracket.

2 Comments:

Blogger RPW USA said...

You've written an excellent post, and you've shared it with us. Your article provided me with some unique and useful knowledge. I appreciate you sharing this text with us. Rpw Exhaust Pipes Usa

January 29, 2022 at 4:57 AM  
Blogger RPW USA said...

The delightful article you have posted here. This is a good way to increase our knowledge. Continue sharing this kind of articles, Thank you.Rpw Exhaust Pipes Usa

January 29, 2022 at 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home