Friday, May 15, 2009

You have to have a lid...

I have been freaking out about all of the arrangements for the bike. I needed a cashier's check and I had to transfer money from a credit account. I was out on a financial limb here, but I knew I had to have the bike. I would need a helmet, but I wanted something really cool not just a run of the mill. I consulted my old pal eBay again and came across a very cool Arai Giacomo Agostini replica that had been unsold at King Cycles in Brooklyn.

They wanted $289 for it but I first offered $199 which was rejected, and then threw $220 at them which they accepted. I was heading to the airport on the A train and decided that I could make a short detour and pick up the helmet so that when I got the bike I could take it for a short tag-less spin. I picked it up and headed for my Jet Blue flight out of JFK. Here are pictures of the Helmet and one of the man himself, Giacomo Agostini an MV Agusta (and later Yamaha) rider and one of the most winning riders in Grand Prix motorcycle racing.


















2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So what about a follow-up? I've had my 95 SSSP since a cold, cold, November day in 96 when I bought it from the original owner.
I hope you are going easy and enjoying third gear @ 4000 rpm that's a nice cruising speed and sounds awesome when going through my small town with the D&D cans barking!
Andy K

May 20, 2009 at 12:48 AM  
Blogger RPW USA said...

joepopp

July 5, 2022 at 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home